70 posts
  • 5 / 7
  • 1
  • 5
  • 7
 by moklerman
2 months ago
 Total posts:   4642  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:Good thing Mark Davis isn't isn't the President of the U.S. I can only imagine what would happen if he tried to get a wall built across the southern border.

When you're the poorest owner of a NFL team, you can't emotionally blurt things out to the press that even the richest owner has never said.

Gotta love the passion of Mark Davis, but right now he has some egg on his face.

Now he has to either spend a year being homeless or spend a year in the house of the bitch (Mayor) he just divorced.
It sure seems like a bad look and embarrassing for the Raiders and the league. Would most agree with that?

If so, and considering how the league "shares" so much, why aren't they more proactive in avoiding these situations? They collectively have the money to build a bitchin' stadium and whatever else they want in Oakland but the Raiders have had to live in shit for decades. Is it spite against Al? Do they not want to set a precedent that gives up free money from the few cities left willing to throw gifts at an NFL team?

I'm sure there's no one answer but the Raiders leaving Oakland and the Chargers leaving SD seem like the wrong moves and one's that could have been avoided.

 by Elvis
2 months ago
 Total posts:   20377  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:It sure seems like a bad look and embarrassing for the Raiders and the league. Would most agree with that?

If so, and considering how the league "shares" so much, why aren't they more proactive in avoiding these situations? They collectively have the money to build a bitchin' stadium and whatever else they want in Oakland but the Raiders have had to live in shit for decades. Is it spite against Al? Do they not want to set a precedent that gives up free money from the few cities left willing to throw gifts at an NFL team?

I'm sure there's no one answer but the Raiders leaving Oakland and the Chargers leaving SD seem like the wrong moves and one's that could have been avoided.


The league doesn't build stadiums. Why would they start when so many cities are willing to foot the bill?

The NFL in Vegas is probably going to be awesome. A couple messy years leading up to it is nothing.

The Rams in L.A. is great for the NFL. Hurt feeling in St. Louis doesn't change that.

The only one that looks bad is the Chargers but we'll see where that goes...

 by moklerman
2 months ago
 Total posts:   4642  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Superstar

Elvis wrote:The league doesn't build stadiums. Why would they start when so many cities are willing to foot the bill?

The NFL in Vegas is probably going to be awesome. A couple messy years leading up to it is nothing.

The Rams in L.A. is great for the NFL. Hurt feeling in St. Louis doesn't change that.

The only one that looks bad is the Chargers but we'll see where that goes...
You're right, I'm probably clinging too much to tradition. Chargers gone from SD and Raiders gone from Oakland just doesn't seem right.

But if Las Vegas, San Antonio, etc. keep lining up to give the NFL tons of benefits then there's no reason for them to change how they're doing things.

For some reason it seemed to me like the current state of affairs was that cities weren't going to foot the bill for an NFL team anymore but that's not really the case, is it? Some cities won't but there are still those that will and that's all that matters. As long as there's one when a team wants to move, why not take the money?

 by sloramfan
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1096  
 Joined:  Jun 09 2015
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

the raiders in LV is gonna be epic... i can't wait!..

i hold no animosity toward the raiders like i do the chargers, because mark davis is a stooge that was taken for a ride by spanos... he really reminds me of chris farley with a worse haircut and half the intelligence...

i think the raiders will thrive in LV, and i kinda wish they could be forced to move there this year, ala chargers at stub hub...

anyhow.. my 2 cents...

go rams

slo

 by aeneas1
2 months ago
 Total posts:   9404  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:the raiders in LV is gonna be epic... i can't wait!..

i like to fancy myself a pro sports purist of sorts in that i've never really dug teams moving to different cities, realignments, modern uniform changes, etc., etc., etc., but i'm with you on this, i dig the hell out of the move, strikes me as a perfect fit, the las vegas raiders, ha ha, perfect!

 by DirtyFacedKid
2 months ago
 Total posts:   428  
 Joined:  Oct 28 2016
United States of America   El Segundo
Starter

aeneas1 wrote:i like to fancy myself a pro sports purist of sorts in that i've never really dug teams moving to different cities, realignments, modern uniform changes, etc., etc., etc., but i'm with you on this, i dig the hell out of the move, strikes me as a perfect fit, the las vegas raiders, ha ha, perfect!


I agree. The LV Raiders seems like the next best thing to Oakland Raiders. Never liked the idea of them being in L.A. in the first place. My only concern is that Raider Nation better prep for those early season tailgates because it's gonna be hot AF.

 by sloramfan
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1096  
 Joined:  Jun 09 2015
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

you're right aug-sept are gonna be hot hot hot...

i'll tell you this.. i'll go to vegas for rams raiders.. but i never went to oakland for a game, and probably good thing i didn't.. i'm too obnoxious, and probably wouldn't have gotten out alive.. lol

go rams

slo

 by SWAdude
2 months ago
 Total posts:   2031  
 Joined:  Sep 21 2015
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

SoCalRam78 wrote:Who cares about the Raiders and their scum bag fan base? Why has this thread been on page 1 for two weeks?


Good question.

I think it may be because they were in the mix to share the Rams stadium. And THANK THE LORD they are not.

It will fade in time. Most know how crappy that fan base really is. I have seen things at their games I wish I could un-see.

None the less, their move is of interest. Who they draft, trade and cut is of no interest to any Rams fan on this site but one.

But they will think and post without concern and defend that it is NFL news.

And no other team will.

It is this weakness of this site. And I guess I can live without a "Other" NFL news section of this awesome forum. 99% my brothers. 1% not.

I will never get the 100% fandom of two teams. Thats more like 50/50 in my book no matter how you try and explain it.

But that is just me. And 99% of the fans of the league.

  • 5 / 7
  • 1
  • 5
  • 7
70 posts Apr 22 2019