37 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by 69RamFan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

max wrote:I think Reynolds is not working out as well as they hoped. He’s not dependable. Goff doesn’t like throwing the ball to guys unless they know what they’re doing. That’s why Williams just signed got more looks than Reynolds.

I don't think that's the case...
Reynolds has been used and played pretty good while he had the chance...
The game Kupp and Cooks went down,,, they went straight to Reynolds for threes plays in a row and he performed....

As far as between Williams two targets with two Reception, to one target and one reception for Reynolds... I don't see that being a big deal...
Reynolds played in 52 snaps vs Williams 10 snaps..

I see it more of those tryouts WRs as a PS players....
and more of the mold of a Kupp role playing the slot….

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Woods has been our best receiver lately. But Kupp's contributions can't be overstated. He's been a clutch receiver when you need that first down. I hate having to face 3 or 4 tough teams in a row without him. But its the NFL. Next man up. We're not the only ones going through it.

I like Hodge but didn't see him out there the other day. He's seems like he's got a 'go the the ball' mentality.

The problem using guys who don't get as many reps with the quarterback is the timing and being on the same page. In Denver there was a play where Goff threw what looked like an errant pass to Everett. When you look at it again you can see Goff wanted Everett to continue his route another step or two but Everett settled in a spot where if Goff throws it to him it could be knocked down at the line. Those are the little things that the WR/QB rapport is so important.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Rams sign Proehl to practice squad, cut Mitchell...

For the "things that make me feel old" file.

by phoenixrising
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:E) Am I just drastically overthinking this?

Perhaps. All you need to know is we gotta sign Proehl if we meet Tampa Bay in the playoffs.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:For the "things that make me feel old" file.

Ricky Proehl graduated high school same year as me and our teams played each other in either my junior or senior year. So he was one of those “local” kids you kept an eye on thru their career.
His son plays for the Rams, and my daughter is in 2nd grade.... yes we’ve taken different paths. Lol

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think our new WR is a bit undersized:

• 4 / 4
37 posts Apr 16 2024