163 posts
  • 1 / 17
 by RedAlice
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Week 8: Packers @Rams, Sunday October 28th at 1:25pm PST on Fox

Rams are undefeated and coming home from a 3 game road stretch. Packers are coming off of a bye week after barely beating the Niners. Go Rams!!

Rams: 7-0, 1st Place in the NFCW
(Rams are 1-0 v the NFCN having beat the Vikings)

Packers: 3-2-1, 2nd Place in the NFCN
(Packers are 1-0 v the NFCW having beat the Niners)

NFL Betting Line: Rams are 9 pt favorites, with a 57 O/U
For the Packers, this is the largest spread against them ever while Rodgers has been the starting QB.
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

TV Map: Available on Wednesday

Injuries: Tracked in the thread

-----

Rams return home to a happy fan base looking for their 8th win and 2nd against the NFCN - and ready to squelch any attempted come backs by Aaron Rodgers.

----

Opposing Fan Forums

Packer Fan Forum
https://www.packerforum.com/forums/packer-fan-forum.20/

Game Day Thread
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/wee ... ams.80961/

Packer Chatters
http://packerchatters.com/index.php

Rams the Team to beat!
http://packerchatters.com/index.php?topic=7455.0

Packer Rats
http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.php? ... ay-Packers

Next 5 Games
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30 ... ecc3abecd4

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

by max
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Wow. 12 straight from 49 to 54.

Those were the days my friend

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

not only are the rams 0-5 against the packers dating back to 2007, but they also averaged a very meager 12.8 offensive points per game in those outings... in fact the rams offense ranked a dismal 32nd, 32nd, 31st, 28th and 28th for those 5 years... point? it sure is damn nice to finally face the packers armed with a quality offense! and here's to hoping that it fires on all cylinders this coming sunday!

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I would say it should be a high scoring affair for both teams but the Rams defense finally showed up last game. So who knows? I don't expect many turnovers with Rogers in there. We gotta win this one straight up. Their defense does have holes in it. We can exploit that. I wish Kupp were available.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I didn't know they were in the Rams division. Or is it that before the merger everyone played each other twice?

I assume the red lines are playoff games.

Looks like we're due for a win and this years Rams more resembles the 2001 team than the last 5 times we met them.

GO RAMS

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I'll go ahead and lock in my pick now:

Rams 34
Packers 24

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

QFTOS: Packers, Pre Game Edition.

If the D can shut them down on 2 or 3 drives, the Pack will still need 40 points. It could be ugly. Sorry but this team hasn't given me any reason to polly-anna it up.

I expect us to have a chance of winning because of who our QB is. Unfortunately he doesn’t play defense, or call the plays. This is a game where you could see us get out schemed on both sides of the ball smh

The Rams seem scary and hip. But don't believe for a second that they are some unbeatable juggernaut. We may not win, but Packers fans should believe it is not as hopeless as you may think.

Top to bottom, the Rams are a better team than the Packers and will be on their home turf. Goff is playing solid football, Gurley is running well and if Kupp can play, their 3 WR's (Wood, Kupp, Cooks) could give the Packers fits. The only good news for the Packers, TE's Everett and Higbee haven't done a whole lot, but that could change and Gurley can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I expect us to get eaten alive by Gurley catching the ball in the backfield on screens.

If you all remember sometime back, I predicted the Rams going to and winning the Supebowl.
A young team, young coach, young players that spend and enjoy their time together without any doubt.

How do you prepare for the LA Rams? They are good in every aspect of the game. I will be happy if the Packers are within 7 points of this team. I do not see how you effectively prepare to win a football game against a relatively flawless football team.

The Rams are good. Not infallible. I’m not saying I like our chances, but I would be a bit worried if I was a Rams fan too.

I see the Rams toasted the 49ers yesterday. For those who said the 49ers aren't that bad of a team so it's no shame that they kept up with GB last week. And those who say the Rams aren't that good.

I’m gonna save my time from watching this game.. I’m diehard and I know any given Sunday, but let’s be real this is gonna be ugly.. we are gonna get tiki torched!!! Sorry if u don’t like it and I’m being negative but it’s gonna be a blowout

I fully expect the offense being capable of putting up points against the Rams defense. It's questionable if the defense can keep their offense out of the end zone enough though.

,,, Rodgers will get sacked at least 6 times.

In the first half.

Should we adopt the Denver strategy of slowing their offense down with shell coverage and make them run it with Gurley? One thing I think we can be fairly certain of is Rodgers will not be a turnover machine against them like Bethard was.

Are the Rams going undefeated? I don't think so. They will lose at some point, and perhaps it will be to us.

The Packers needed all time heroics from Aaron Rodgers to barely take down the juggernaut known as the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field. Meanwhile, the Rams beat the brakes off of the exact same team on the road yesterday. So yes, if we play like we did a week ago against the Rams, we're going to get spanked.

33 points, a season high for Green Bay, only tops the Rams' point total once this year.

Rams opened as 9 point favorites, the largest spread ever while Rodgers has been the starting QB.

The best thing about this game is it’s coming after our bye

Rodgers will be rested and zoned in, and some new formations and plays will be drawn up for this game. We will win it.

Is this our stiffest test of the year so far? Absolutely. Will I be a little surprised if we beat them in their house? Yes.

If the Packers rely on Burks to contain Gurley I'm afraid they're screwed.

I guess you missed the article which stated Rodgers hopes to play WITHOUT a brace after the bye week.

I'll admit that Rodgers not participating in practice today was a slight surprise to me. Either the injury is definitely lingering, or McCarthy is just playing it ultra conservative.

Rodgers has one for the ages, Pack, 48-Rams 47
OR
Suh has a cheap shot in the 1st qtr. Rodgers out for the year, Rams 48, Pack 10. MM fired before Xmas.

Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to do some pretty extensive blitzing to try and keep the Lambs in check.

The one thing that I'm hoping for is the Packers stay in the game and eliminate a blow-out.

let's just take another bye week.

TO BE CONTINUED............

by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

That 2001 playoff game was pretty sweet...

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

Our own A-1 had a very good day.

• 1 / 17
163 posts Apr 20 2024