18 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) was kind enough to answer a few questions:

1. We have a JT Meter at Rams Fans United where we keep track of Jim Thomas' take on whether or not the Rams are moving to Los Angeles. Right now it's at 57/43 in favor of L.A. What's your take on chances the Rams will be moving? How do you feel about having a SF Meter at our site?

The situation is very fluid, particularly in regard to what's happening in the home markets, so it's difficult to assign any meaningful percentage. I guess I'd say at this snapshot in time there's a 55% chance that the Rams will be playing in Los Angeles in 2016. Having covered this for more than 15 years, with all sorts of false starts, I tend to be very conservative in my predictions. And I don't make a lot of predictions.

2. If the Rams do move to L.A., any idea who will be their beat writer for the Times? Any chance it will be you? (Wasn't it Tim Kawakami at the end in L.A.?)

I'm ready for anything I'm assigned. I was the Oakland Raiders beat writer for the San Jose Mercury News from 1995-2000, and I know how to do the job. I love what I do now, and would love to continue doing it, but I certainly wouldn't turn up my nose at covering a team. In short, I don't know who would cover the Rams if they were to move to L.A. If it weren't me, I'm sure the list of applicants would be long.

3. If the Rams move, do you have an idea whether the Rose Bowl or Coliseum is the more likely temporary home?

Really depends on whether it's one or two teams moving to LA. My gut says it would be the Coliseum, even though the Rose Bowl now has luxury suites and is still looking to pay off its massive renovations.

4. Which of the teams potentially coming to L.A. would generate the most fan excitement in Los Angeles?

The Rams.

by den-the-coach
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Elvis wrote:
4. Which of the teams potentially coming to L.A. would generate the most fan excitement in Los Angeles?

The Rams.

Love this before coming to this forum I was not an Elvis fan (my mother is) but Sam Farmer has been simply amazing throughout this process and thank you for this! That's right the Rams....Almost Home with my blue suede shoes!

by SoCalRam78
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Farmer has been extremely conservative with his predictions, and that's fine. At least he acknowledges the Rams as the team that will generate the most excitement. Let's contrast that to homer, cheerleader Bernie M over at the St. Loser Compost who gets people fired up over a pie in the sky stadium everyday.

by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

den-the-coach wrote:
Elvis wrote:

The Rams.

Love this before coming to this forum I was not an Elvis fan (my mother is) but Sam Farmer has been simply amazing throughout this process and thank you for this! That's right the Rams....Almost Home with my blue suede shoes!

Your mom sounds pretty cool. My mom likes The Weavers, Pete Seger, Joan Baez, but i don't remember any Bob Dylan which would've made her whole folk thing a lot better.

Definitely sounds like Farmer would like the gig of Rams beat writer if it shakes out that way...

by den-the-coach
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Elvis wrote:Definitely sounds like Farmer would like the gig of Rams beat writer if it shakes out that way...

If he gets the gig he can call his synopsis...Farmer's Field!

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

den-the-coach wrote:
Elvis wrote:Definitely sounds like Farmer would like the gig of Rams beat writer if it shakes out that way...

If he gets the gig he can call his synopsis...Farmer's Field!

BRILLIANT,,, That would be an ironic twist,,,

by Rams Dominate
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   240  
Ireland   Monterey Peninsula
Rookie

"Farmers Field" love that...

by TomSlick
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Man, what is it with Moms and Elvis the Pelvis (those gyrating hips must have done it). My Mom loved that guy.

As for the RAMS, no doubt the RAMS would be the favorite going back to LA. Lots of great memories of the Los Angeles RAMS. People don't forget that stuff.

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Hey Tom, Welcome to RFU.
Elvis was smokin in those days. Dude could light up a room and sing too. To bad what happened to him.

The boys are coming home. Let's hope they can recapture some of their former glory.

• 1 / 2
18 posts Apr 17 2024