4 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by DanTheRamFan
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Based on the survey the Rams just released, we can get some insight into their thinking regarding the pricing for both the Personal Seat License (PSL) and the actual tickets for the new stadium in Inglewood.

While each section in the stadium will have different pricing, the follow are six examples the Rams provided for seats in the 3rd Level on the Sideline:

1) $6,000 PSL, $1,500 annual tickets ($150 per game)
2) $6,000 PSL, $1,000 annual tickets ($100 per game)
3) $5,000 PSL, $1,500 annual tickets ($150 per game)
4) $5,000 PSL, $1,000 annual tickets ($100 per game)
5) $4,000 PSL, $1,500 annual tickets ($150 per game)
6) $4,000 PSL, $1,000 annual tickets ($100 per game)

It appears the Rams are using the survey to help test the waters and see how much the fans are willing to pay. While #6 is the obvious best option for the fans in this section, we have no idea which plan the Rams will actually offer.

In each case the Rams suggested either, (1) a three installment plan on the PSL, interest free, once a year for the three years prior to the stadium being completed, or (2) a 10 year payment plan at 8% interest after an initial 20% down payments.

Hope this information is helpful.

by 10:01
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   205  
United States of America   Yukon near Century
Rookie

The 3 year installment plan prior to completion is interesting because that's, oh yeah, now. Our assumptions that we had 3 years to decide what to do may not be accurate. Season ticket holders may need to seriously consider what they want to do, and in that regard, the info in the survey may be very important. If you haven't taken it, you should, as it appears pretty detailed about the various options in the new stadium.

by Mins from T.O. Camp
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   17  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

The $100 deposit to become season ticket holders at the Coliseum was a "good will" gesture toward the Rams fans of L.A. The Rams probably broke even on the sales to cover the costs they incurred to have the games at the Coliseum.

But all that good will ends when they have to build a new stadium with no city dollars.

I took the survey, and saw astronomical amounts for the good sections. Way more than I expected. I never answered the questions with "Yes I will buy that", because in all honesty I just can't see spending any amount for the right to buy high priced season tickets.

I saw a recent post on one of the other topic areas about how the 49ers PSL are plummeting in value due to the team sucking.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2207&p=29379&hilit=levi+stadium#p29379

Some PSL purchasers who signed on for 10 years financing are walking away from their obligations.

I know that we all want the Rams to be the best team they can be...but what if they aren't. And what if you bought 4 tickets at 2nd level sideline for $200,000 in PSL fees. If you pay for them over 10 years that $24,000 a year(not even including the season tix).

The attached example would mean to sit on the 2nd level between the 0 and 35 yard line would cost $10,000 a seat per season. That means to break even if you scalped every game of the season, you would have to find a sucker to give you $1000 per seat per game. That just ain't gonna happen.

So realistically speaking, the Rams have to cut their PSL by "ALOT", or they will be left with only high end backers between the 30 and 50 yard lines, and then the majority of folks like us buying individual games. There will be few takers on PSLs, in nose-bleed sections. Who wants to spend any money, to be guaranteed seats in the suck sections.

I think they are smart enough to know this, and never expected that after the years at the Coliseum they would have sellouts on season seats. Again this was a good will gesture, a PR move to appear that they were taking care of the home fans.

In all actuality, they will be selling high priced season tickets to the elite (who never got in line and paid their $100 deposit), and whoever is dumb enough to hock their house on the hopes that the PSL and seats will rise in value as the team gets better and better. How much will they have to rise before you are getting $1000 a seat to sell on stubhub. To sit on the 0 - 35 on the second level....forget it.

So all of us should enjoy the Coliseum years. Lets have some tailgates to put in the memory books, because unless the RAMS have a change of strategy with their PSL and season tix prices, we all will be lining up every year on Ticketmaster to hunt and peck our games out when the individual seats go on sale each year.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 1.38.43 PM.jpg

• 1 / 1
4 posts May 16 2024