71 posts
  • 7 / 8
 by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

For reference: What kind of pre-season numbers did Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger put up while with the Rams?

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Just getting to the Jets/Falcons game. Watching all the condensed versions. I've got to say, I've seen nothing of Sam Darnold until now. Not all great, but nothing horrible, and some of those throws were really nice and seemed completely effortless. I think the Jets may have found themselves a really nice QB.

by sloramfan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

LMAO!!

"maybe we can package mannion and a 4th for a 6th"

go rams

slo

by moklerman
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:Just getting to the Jets/Falcons game. Watching all the condensed versions. I've got to say, I've seen nothing of Sam Darnold until now. Not all great, but nothing horrible, and some of those throws were really nice and seemed completely effortless. I think the Jets may have found themselves a really nice QB.
Darnold didn't put up huge numbers but he looked seasoned out there. I don't recall any bad reads and only a couple of questionable throws which may have been more about synchronicity than anything else. I also think the Jets have found their QBOTF but question whether that will ever materialize into anything considering just how poor of an impression I have of that organization. I don't know if they're as bad as I think, but I think they're pretty bad.

Which, speaking of bad organizations, leads us to the Browns. Mayfield did some impressive things but from what I saw, he's got a Case Keenum arm. His throws leave a lot to be desired but his pocket presence, maneuverability and creativity seem pretty high level. But, I still wonder if that's going to translate to success when the 1's and scheming are introduced into the equation. I'm skeptical at this point. If he had an arm like Brees I'd feel better about his chances but he seems to have a real lack of zip and arm strength when I watched him. Pretty sure the reports are that his arm is plenty strong but I didn't like what I saw in terms of accuracy and zip. Which seemed inconsistent.

My pet pick Rudolph, who went to the Steelers didn't dazzle and looked like most rookies look. His knock was arm strength but as I watched the Steelers highlights, not realizing he was in at QB, lack of arm strength didn't pop into my head for the anonymous guy chucking it around. We'll see. In retrospect, I was more concerned about his lack of comfort. Looked like the game was too fast for him so far.

Rosen wasn't dazzling either but I think the main takeaway from his appearance is that a) Mike McCoy offenses suck for a reason and b) their line is still bad. Losing their starting center didn't help and maybe the rookie wasn't up to speed yet but their QB's are in for a long season from the looks of it. Rosen will likely see playing time as well as Glennon. Rosen looked relatively comfortable with the speed of the game and being on the field but he also was inconsistent with this passes and threw one that should have been picked that was a bad read/throw. He won't supplant a healthy Bradford. Of course, that creature doesn't actually exist, does it?

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -after-hit

Ben Roethlisberger's status after he left Tuesday's practice is no longer a mystery.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin issued a brief statement through Burt Lauten, the Steelers' director of communication, explaining what happened to the signal-caller.

"Ben Roethlisberger sustained a hit today in practice," Tomlin said. "He is being evaluated by team doctors as part of the concussion protocol."

Roethlisberger went down during a 7 shots segment of practice, according to multiple reporters on the scene.

Offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert told reporters after practice that Roethlisberger went down after he rolled out and ran into him as Gilbert was blocking linebacker Keion Adams.

Roethlisberger was briefly on the ground before eventually getting up. He then spent time talking to a team trainer and general manager Kevin Colbert before leaving the field under his own power, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

The Steelers are scheduled to play the Green Bay Packers in preseason action Thursday night, and Tomlin told reporters before Tuesday's practice that Roethlisberger would be among a group of starters not expected to suit up.

With the starting quarterback now being evaluated in the concussion protocol, Roethlisberger will have extra time to recover before the regular season, which kicks off in less than a month.

The Steelers have backup quarterbacks Landry Jones, Joshua Dobbs and rookie Mason Rudolph on the roster behind Roethlisberger.

by moklerman
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

AJ McCarron fractures collarbone. Let the Josh Allen era begin. He's looked better than the other Bills QB's anyway and it would be a shame to delay his career for no good reason. Feel bad for AJ but he would have had to have played spectacularly to keep Allen on the bench.

by max
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

There were 5 QBs drafted in the first round. At least 2 of them won’t be good based on history.

by Turtle
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

max wrote:There were 5 QBs drafted in the first round. At least 2 of them won’t be good based on history.

The 2 I'm not in love with are Mayfield and Jackson. We'll see how it turns out.

by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

max wrote:There were 5 QBs drafted in the first round. At least 2 of them won’t be good based on history.

Funny how that works.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it were Darnold and Mayfield who bust, not because of their abilities but because they play for the 2 worst run teams in the NFL

by max
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Funny how that works.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it were Darnold and Mayfield who bust, not because of their abilities but because they play for the 2 worst run teams in the NFL

Right now it’s still a guess. We won’t really know for 2 years. e.g. RG3.

• 7 / 8
71 posts Apr 18 2024